Request For Disclosure Form
To request disclosure, write a letter to the Provincial Prosecutors Office at Old City Hall in Toronto. Note that tickets are of two types:
- Type 1, the ticket numbers start with numbers (ex. 74523...). In this case, requests go to room 12E (fax: 416-338-6986)
- Type 3, the ticket numbers start with letters (ex. CD734...). In this case, requests go to room 259 (fax: 416-338-xxxx)
The following information must be included in the letter:
- Complete and correct spelling of the defendant's (that's you) full name.
- Offence number of Provincial offence ticket number (P.O.T.) (That's the number on the ticket).
- Date of the offence.
- Trial date, time, courtroom and location.
- Officer's badge number and division.
- Your contact information (such as telephone number).
Note again that they may refuse to disclose without all the above information. Bring (or fax) the original copy of your request. If you want, they will date stamp a copy that you have made. It takes a minimum of five weeks for them to provide disclosure. They will contact you when they receive the disclosure.
The letter more or less follows the following format:
July 24, 2005 Provincial Prosecutors Office Old City Hall, 60 Queen St. West, Room 12E, Toronto, Ontario M5H 2C4
REQUEST FOR DISCLOSURE
This is a request for full and timely disclosure
of all relative material available to the crown in respect of
the following charge laid under the Highway Traffic Act:
Name of Accused
Date of Birth
Address of Accused
Offence number (number on ticket)
Charge on ticket (ex. red light fail to stop HTA 144(18))
Date of the offence
Trial date, time, courtroom and location
OFFICER IN CHARGE:
Officer's badge number and division
Your name, address, telephone number